Patches ( 4 )

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jul 17 12:02:18 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org>wrote:

>> and that garbage can field width isn't even fixable. And the others have
>> to be fixed every time the program is started...
>>

> Every time? this shouldn't be. Can you check for me  one thing? in the
> bottom of mainttab.cpp there *should* be 2 methods, one to save the
> settings, one to restore the settings. just checked here and they are being
> saved when the program quits and being restored.

It definitely happened every time. But it looks like we may have a
dependency problem, because it was fixed by "git clean -dqfx" and re-making
the tree.

However, that in turn causes

   make: *** No rule to make target `../version.h', needed by
`qt-ui/about.o'.  Stop.

which I think somebody already reported. So there does seem to be some kind
of problem with the dependencies. Whether these two problems are related or
not, who knows..

Anyway, now it seems to have much better field widths, with the exception
of the garbage can icon which is still cut in half.

And your fix to show the drop-down menu for cylinders and weights with a
single-click works fine for me.

That said, there's some bad interaction with the other fields. Try this:

 - single-clock on the cylinder type field. It becomes editable and the
drop-down entry becomes visible. Goodie.

 - decide "oh, I didn't actually want to edit the type at all, just the
size or working pressure", so don't do anything with the type after all,
but instead single-click on one of the other fields.

Oops. Now those fields are cleared.

I suspect this isn't new behavior, it probably happened before too, but I
just didn't test that case.

                       Linus