Printing Support - brainstorm.

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Mon Jul 22 13:54:18 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Linus Torvalds
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  total_dives: 378
>>  tableHeight: 21938 px
>>  n_pages: 20
>>  page size: QSize(2279, 3308) px
>>  printer dpi: 300
>>  elapsed time: 4300 ms
>>
>> apart from the obvious code cleanup, is this acceptable in terms of
>> performance and can it be improved further?
>
> The gtk version wasn't all that speedy either, I think 4-5 seconds for
> rendering several hundred dives is prefectly fine. Normally you'd only
> do that once, then maybe print out a few more pages once in a blue
> moon.

Agree with linux - furthermore , we can always improve the speed later.
In the Subsurface code, instead of the TModel that I created in your test code,
you should use the DiveListModel - good thing is that it's alredy
populated and in use. :)

I think we can integrate that now on the code.

I'm happy about the current state of subsurface - qt branch.
I'm finishing the 'Tech' stuff on the dive planner this week.

Tomaz