Goals

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Tue Jul 23 01:35:01 PDT 2013

Dazed_75 wrote:
> Although I was able to import my 782 dives into SubSurface, I had not
> realized (my fault) that SubSurface is a Dive Logging program, not
> quite the same as an electronic Diver's Log Book.  So none of my
> Divers information, list of equipment, maintenance history, list of
> certifications and a few other things made it into SubSurface (as it
> it not currently intended to handle them).
>
> So my basic question is whether there is any intent to expand
> SubSurface in such ways in the future?  I see there is an enhancement
> request in place for additional equipment information but I did not
> see any of those other things.  So even if I were to potentially
> adding such information, I have no idea whether anyone would care
> about it or to what extent.

Yes, several of these things have been suggested earlier, and I guess
some (or all?) of those might somehow end up in Subsurface in the
future.  I suggest that you register at http://trac.hohndel.org and add
your enhancements as individual feature requests.  (Unless the feature
is already suggested, then you could probably add more details to the
existing request).

Cheers,
Henrik