pairing a uwatec galileo sol wit subsurface

William Perry wmperry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 17:30:26 PDT 2013

Pascal - sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it the Galileo Sol/Luna is only supported on Windows or Linux because of its reliance on IRDA.  MacOS does not provide a nice easy way to talk to things over IRDA - you basically have to write your own stack as well as a driver, which a few folks on the commercial side have done but they won't share.

Your best bet would be to run Linux inside of a virtual machine and use something like http://patrick.wagstrom.net/weblog/2012/12/04/30-meters-underwater-with-a-dead-physical-layer-protocol/ to get a UDDF file that subsurface could import.

I spent some time recently decompiling the java and native libraries used by JTrak on the mac - if you happen to have the right IRDA adapter it might be possible to have libdivecomputer load the JVM up and talk to those classes directly.  I am not particularly good at Java, but invoking Java from C or C++ is not terribly difficult, might be possible to write some glue code, but I don't know if/when I would have time to pursue it.  Too much SCUBA planned this summer and I am in the midst of building a house as well -- doesn't allow for much discretionary hacking.

-bill