irda on mac

Massimiliano Gargani mgargani at me.com
Wed Jun 5 06:08:35 PDT 2013

Hi There,

I own some Uwatec computer and I use mac, very bad couple.
I have a IRDA USB dongle that works fine if I use JTrak but I cannot use any other divelog program under Mac because when I connect the irda dongle no /dev is created so I cannot set the device to use for download in SubSurface.

The dongle is base on Sigmatel STIR42xx. Sigmatel exists no more and I have a very old version of the driver I think is 32bit only and OS X 10.8 is 64bit only.

I tried also on OS X 10.6 and 10.7 with no luck.

Anybody knows if there is a way to use Mac+SubSurface to download dives from Uwatec computer?

Thanks,
Max

----

The wise man points the moon, the fool looks at the finger. (Confucius)