Two crashed

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Wed Jun 5 14:31:24 PDT 2013

On quarta-feira, 5 de junho de 2013 14.56.57, Robert Helling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the latest update from git, on my Mac, subsurfaces crashes reliably,
> when I either select "Open" from the Menue, on the command line it writes:
>
> th-ws-tmpim01:subsurface helling$ ./subsurface
> ../Dropbox/TalkingToMyself/Robert.HellingSubsurface.xml
> QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:

Hello Robert

There are a couple of installation problems with your Qt there. First of all,
the Sqlite driver seems to be missing. We don't use it in Subsurface (AFAIK),
but I've never seen a Qt installation without it. Its absence is probably a
symptom of a larger problem.

How was that Qt built and installed? Did you use MacPorts? Or was it the
official Qt 4.8 from qt-project.org?

> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
> socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

You have D-Bus installed and configured for dynamic session support, but the
support was not loaded into launchd on your Mac. Another installation problem.

> Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
> 0   subsurface                          0x000000010cbad57b QListData::size()
> const + 15 (qlist.h:98)
> 1   subsurface                         0x000000010cbadc10
> QList<TreeItemDT*>::count() const + 24 (qlist.h:280)
> 2  subsurface                          0x000000010cb9e9d6
> DiveTripModel::rowCount(QModelIndex const&) const + 108 (models.cpp:1049)
[cut]

Looks like a null-pointer dereference.

The code in question is:
	if (!parent.isValid())
		parentItem = rootItem;
	else
		parentItem = static_cast<TreeItemDT*>(parent.internalPointer());

	int amount = parentItem->children.count();
(the last line is 1049)

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358