Questions regarding asciidoc requirement to compile/install

stebs at gmx.de stebs at gmx.de
Mon Jun 10 16:23:33 PDT 2013

For the Qt Branch, make aborts because I do not have asciidoc installed.
The problem about this is: on my relatively fresh installed Ubuntu
(actually Xubuntu), "sudo apt-get install asciidoc" wants to install a
whopping 1 GB of packages needed for ascidoc:
> Die folgenden NEUEN Pakete werden installiert:
>   asciidoc dblatex docbook-dsssl docbook-utils docbook-xsl
> fonts-lmodern fonts-texgyre jadetex latex-beamer latex-xcolor
>   libgraphite3 libosp5 libostyle1c2 libptexenc1 libruby1.9.1
> libsgmls-perl libsp1c2 libyaml-0-2 lmodern luatex lynx
>   lynx-cur openjade pgf preview-latex-style prosper ps2eps ruby
> ruby1.9.1 sgmlspl sp tcl8.6 tex-common tex-gyre texlive
>   texlive-base texlive-bibtex-extra texlive-binaries texlive-common
> texlive-doc-base texlive-extra-utils
>   texlive-font-utils texlive-fonts-recommended
> texlive-fonts-recommended-doc texlive-generic-recommended
>   texlive-latex-base texlive-latex-base-doc texlive-latex-extra
> texlive-latex-extra-doc texlive-latex-recommended
>   texlive-latex-recommended-doc texlive-luatex texlive-math-extra
> texlive-pictures texlive-pictures-doc texlive-pstricks
>   texlive-pstricks-doc tipa tk8.6 ttf-marvosym xmlto xsltproc
> 0 aktualisiert, 62 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht
> aktualisiert.
> Es müssen noch 678 MB von 678 MB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
> Nach dieser Operation werden 1.064 MB Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
Imho that is a bit of overkill (I just want to try the dev-versions out
of curiosity)...
So maybe when asciidoc is not installed, there should be simply a
warning and subsurface should compile without local documentation?