Hollis DG03 data import error

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Jun 17 06:48:44 PDT 2013

On 17.06.2013, at 15:43, Martin Gysel <me at bearsh.org> wrote:

> it seems modem-manager thinks you just connected a modem and takes the
> device. you could create an udev rule to blacklist some usb serial
> devices. look at (something like, probably /usr/lib)
> /lib/udev/rules.d/77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rules
> then create a similar file in /etc/udev/rules.d containing the pid/vid
> of your divecomputer

That is a possibility as well (actually the one that really fixes it) but that is syntax is not straight forward. And strictly speaking it is probably the vendor/product id of the interface. I still think adding yourself to the dial out group is simpler (unless you are super worried to give yourself dial out permissions…).

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
   stupid .sig\n";    http://www.atdotde.de