Sunday Patches.

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jun 18 00:00:45 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> This fixes a few annoyances that Linus described - Not all of them, but this
> should make the app way more usable for editing Cylinders and Weigths.

Sad to report that it doesn't really make much of a difference.

The Qt combo boxes just aren't reliable for any actual values, they
seem to work for strings and _occasionally_ numbers.

Try entering just an O2 percentage, for example. I entered 30% (to fix
up the Qt branch somehow screwing things up and making it 429496729.5%
- it's obviously a ~0u permille).

It didn't end up 30% - it ended up as 29.5% when saved to the XML file.

And the whole "you select an AL80, and it ends up having the _string_
"AL80", but the wrong size" also still happens.

An AL80 _should_ have a size of 11.094 liters (which is 80 cubic feet
of gas at 3000psi, and that's what I get on the gtk branch). But when
entering that in the Qt branch, I get "11.216 l" instead.

And when I enter 30%, I expect to get 30%. Not 29.5.

I don't understand how even simple directly entered numbers get
corrupted for me.

But it seems to do "10 lbs" correctly, and turns that into 4.536 kg.
So *some* values certainly get correctly handled. I wonder why that
is..

               Linus