Sunday Patches.

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jun 19 14:21:29 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 21:00 -1000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > This fixes a few annoyances that Linus described - Not all of them, but this
> > should make the app way more usable for editing Cylinders and Weigths.
>
> Sad to report that it doesn't really make much of a difference.
>
> The Qt combo boxes just aren't reliable for any actual values, they
> seem to work for strings and _occasionally_ numbers.
>
> Try entering just an O2 percentage, for example. I entered 30% (to fix
> up the Qt branch somehow screwing things up and making it 429496729.5%
> - it's obviously a ~0u permille).
>
> It didn't end up 30% - it ended up as 29.5% when saved to the XML file.

Yeah. That was a brilliant stroke of mine - I can't even begin to
explain what I was thinking when I wrote that code. Complete garbage.
Fixed.

> And the whole "you select an AL80, and it ends up having the _string_
> "AL80", but the wrong size" also still happens.
>
> An AL80 _should_ have a size of 11.094 liters (which is 80 cubic feet
> of gas at 3000psi, and that's what I get on the gtk branch). But when
> entering that in the Qt branch, I get "11.216 l" instead.

That's because I foolishly used wet_volume which uses our new fancy
adjusted volume calculation. So this is likely "more correct" but even
more likely "simply wrong" because the names aren't based on that
calculation but on plain multiplication instead.

I'll fix that in a moment.

> And when I enter 30%, I expect to get 30%. Not 29.5.

That fix was just pushed out.