Q: profile text outlines

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 05:11:02 PDT 2013

in cairo we had text outlines such as a slight white glow, which
prevented blending with colored background items such as plot lines.
we also had the that when printing a colored or b/w profile. now, i've
tried to do the same with QGraphicsSimpleTextItem::setPen() (ref.
ProfileGraphicsView::plot_text) but the problem is that the outline is
positioned on top of the text fill and it does not look that good as
it decreases the size of the fill. to my knowledge it's not possible
to position the outline _below_ the fill or start the outline
_outside_ of the fill instead of strictly on top of it i.e. centered?

as an alternative, i've tried using QPainterPath::addText,
QPainterPathStroker (which does what is described above) and making
ProfileGraphicsView::plot_text use QGraphicsPathItem instead, but this
ends to no avail as i cannot understand how to paint said items then.

does anyone has suggestions on this topic?

lubomir