Graphical Planner - almost ready for use.

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Fri Jun 28 05:16:11 PDT 2013

On 28.06.2013, at 12:06, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> * We could have more features of the dive profile graph: Line colors for ascent/descent speed, deco ceiling etc
>
> I think that would be distracting and not really all that useful

I think we should at least give some visual feedback if a plan violates the correct(TM) ascent speed limits (as I said configurable). When placing a waypoint we might also display (as text either as a mouse over or somewhere else) the resulting ascent/descent speed (as we already display depth and absolute time).

Deco ceiling I mentioned since that might be useful for planning deco (for which the planner is used after all, isn't it?).

I understand that configuring variable ascent speeds sounds like a nightmare. But my impression is that after all, there are not took many different schemes that people use. I have just asked in some diving forums what people do use. So the number of options to make most people happy might be quite small and not so difficult to configure (and of course we would provide decent default values).

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
   stupid .sig\n";    http://www.atdotde.de