Trying out a brand new Oceanic Geo 2.0 -- can't sync

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Fri Jun 28 14:25:11 PDT 2013

On 28-06-13 22:55, Benjamin Kahn wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-06-28 at 22:27 +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
>> In some cases downloading a dive computer without any dives can fail, because
>> this is a rather rare condition, and not all code has ever been tested in such
>> condition. Data from a brand new device is hard to get, because it usually
>> doesn't last long in that condition. Nobody buys a dive computer to stay dry  :-)
>
> I suspected that this might be an issue. It's an inconvenience though
> since I can't test the interface before I need it.

According to the logfile, it works fine for your dive computer. The fact you
have no dives is detected correctly and the test app reports success.

There are however some temporary errors. If you only get them occasionally, then
there is no problem and the built-in error recovery will take care of those. But
you shouldn't see many of them. But I can't tell from your log whether that's
the case or not, simply because there is not enough data transferred.

Can you make a full memory dump? I would like to have some more test data from
an "empty" device, and it will also allow to double check the number of packet
errors you get in a larger transfer. Just run the universal app again, but now
with these options:

./universal -l output.log -m output.bin -n "Oceanic Geo 2.0" -v /dev/ttyUSB0

Then send both the output.bin and output.log files.

Jef