3.1.1 tomorrow

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jun 30 06:14:24 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-06-30 at 10:16 +0300, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org>
> wrote:
>
>         I just got a very surprising request to push 3.1.1 out by one
>         day. We
>         have a volunteer (Phan Anh) who wants to add a Vietnamese
>         translation
>         and who promised to get this done in one day (ambitious, to
>         say the
>         least).

And he finished it in half the time... Impressive.

>         So please consider this a call for last minute changes,
>         translation
>         updates (thanks Filippo for finishing Italian), etc.
>
>         I need to get 3.1.1 released by about 3pm PDT tomorrow (26h
>         from now)
>

> I did a bit of testing on the imports (on Linux).
>
> I still get an error after the sent patches when trying to import
> dives/TestDiveJDiveLog.jlb. This is due to MacRoman encoding. I guess
> there is nothing I can do to it in XSLT. Anyway, person using JDiveLog
> in Mac will hopefully use Subsurface in Mac as well...

That would be my expectation, of course. Or that they at least have
access to a Mac to do the import on.

> Another oddity I noticed is the comment field in
> dives/TestDiveDivingLog5.08allmetric.zip. A comment in rich text
> format? My initial thought is not to care about such formatting even
> though the raw text looks ugly on subsurface.

Yes, I played with that and came to the conclusion that there was no
point in parsing this - it's an option you have to intentionally set on
the exporting side and once things look silly in Subsurface the user
will hopefully figure out not to set that option.

I'm planning to do some more testing and then cut the release in the
next few hours.

Thanks for the patches, Miika - all applied and pushed to the Gtk
branch.