Fwd: sample UDDF file

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 1 08:15:06 PST 2013

Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:

> Dirk: can you shed a bit of light into the format Subsurface is
> expecting for closed circuit? I did not spot any test dives that would
> have revealed the expected format for po2.

We store po2 in the sample - as Linus already pointed out (thanks for
the fix).

>From Subsurface's point of view there is no difference between having a
fixed setpoint in the computer and having readings from a sensor -
both mean that in a sample you assume a certain po2. So we do not
distinguish what we store.

If this turns out to be wrong then we can of course add something else,
too, but I haven't seen a need for that, yet.

>> Is there an easy way for you to list all values you do not handle when
>> translating the  data from the DR5?
>
> I could not come up with anything that would have made any sense.
> Basically getting the top level elements that are not handled is easy
> enough, but I just could not figure out how to do the same for e.g.
> the actual sample data.
>
> Anyway, when looking at the
> olibaumann_log_uddf__130203103820061119.uddf, the following samples
> are ignored (under waypoint):
> - otu
> - setpo2
> - measuredpo2 (for all sensors)
>
> Other stuff that is not handled from that data file:
> - generatore

??

> - decomodel

Ok, that we could import as a string to show - I know that Jan and some
other tec divers are itching to get that

> - applicationdata

??

> - surfaceinterval

We calculate that ourselves. Not sure how this could be different from
what we already get. I'd have to look at samples to see if there's a
reason to keep this around

> - lowestoxygen
> - greatestoxygen

Those two seem redundant as we get this through the samples. But of
course this could be one of those things just like maxdepth where the
computer keeps results at higher resolution than the sample data...