Fwd: sample UDDF file

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Fri Mar 1 08:35:09 PST 2013

On 01.03.2013 17:18, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:38 AM, Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at gmx.li> wrote:
>>> Thx Linus. but what Miika was asking for is more how to translate (which
>>> name/variable?) the <setpo2> to get it processed correctly in subsurface.
>> Fair enough. We don't save it right now, but I guess setpo2 is fine.
> What would we do with that - see my email two minutes ago.
>
> It doesn't make any difference to Subsurface whether this is a value
> that was set or a value that was measured.
>
> Am I missing something?

Sorry guys for the confusion. Yes, subsurface is doing well with
handling the po2 right now. There is no difference if it is a fixed
setpoint or a real time setpoint read from oxygen sensors. The point I
was going to point out is, that the DR5 (and the Shearwater Predator as
well) also reports the single sensor readings from all the oxygen
sensors in the log data. We do not need them right now but I'd be able
to generate several cool use cases once we get them also.

Technical background: Dive computers capable of reading o2 sensor data
do some voting logic on top of the reading of the single sensor data to
"estimate" the current po2 to used for deco calculation (and steering
the unit in case of an eCCR). This is the <setpo2> the DR5 data reports.
Additional to this there are also the single sensor readings saved in
the log data, shown as <measuredpo2 ref="o2sensor_1">, <measuredpo2
ref="o2sensor_2"> and <measuredpo2 ref="o2sensor_3">. It is common to
have at least 3 sensors in use, some units have also 4, 5 or even more
but I've never seen dive computers capable of using more than 3 sensors
at once.

Conclusion: We are fine as of now, but there is room for additional
features :-)

//Jan