Companion app released on Play Store

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Mar 1 12:37:49 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> We've had some problems with the server process getting confused so I
> just restarted the server, but the errors in that case were different.

Yeah, and apparently restarting didn't fix my issue.

My ID seems to be ok, because I can see the dives when I go to
api.hohndel.org and use the web interface.

And while I did have to type in my ID again on my phone (I did an
uninstall of the old development versions and re-install from google
play, maybe I could just have installed the new one), I did that with
cut-and-paste from the email, so the ID *should* be fine.In fact, I
just double-checked by doing the paste not just on my desktop, but on
the same phone in the web browser, and it worked there..

So my gut feel is that if the companion app works for you guys, there
might be something wrong in the companion app User ID setting thing,
and the fact that I uninstalled and reinstalled and thus blew my old
setup away might be exposing it..

                Linus