Companion app released on Play Store

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 1 13:13:05 PST 2013

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:

> On 01.03.2013 20:09, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Quick question: who here has an Android device with GPS capability and
>> would be willing to try this out over the weekend?
>>
>> The idea would be to simulate the typical user
>>
>> - account creation / setup
>
> Just did a test on 4.2.2 on a device where the app has never been
> installed before. I've been a little bit confused what Retrieve Account
> means different from Create Account and got several errors using
> Retrieve in the understandig it will create me an new account. Creating
> afterwards did work but then I again saw these errors not relly knowing
> what I'm doing in there...
>
> I agree with Dirk that the error could be a little bit more verbose.

:-)

BTW: we have one report that creating a dive manually on the website
api.hohndel.org (watch out for the ISO date format YYYY-mm-dd) makes the
app work... this clearly isn't fixing the actual problem but might help
people to be able to do more testing...

> Is it possible/planed to add photos as well?

Uploading photos to my server? Why?

> Will try todo some more testing, actually the next real wet dive is not
> that far away...

Lucky you.

And thanks