Companion app released on Play Store

Aurélien PRALONG aurelien.pralong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 13:31:16 PST 2013

OK.

Let's see each issue separately.

> The error message is not useful.

Indeed. For now, I send a generic error. I have to synchronize with Pierre
to list all possible errors sent by the server.

> I just installed a brand new copy. Never had any version before. [...]
"an error has occurred. Please check......."

Confirmed. If no dive has been uploaded, it shows an error (parse problem :
no node "dives" is created when list is empty). I'll fix it, but it should
not affect other features. Just send a dive, and refresh should then work.

> I've been a little bit confused what Retrieve Account means different
from Create Account

Well, "retrieve Account" allows to send an email from an existing account.
Does someone else want to change the text ? Suggestions accepted.

> Is it possible/planed to add photos as well?

Uploading photos, probably not, as I don't think Dirk would like to see it
server transformed into a storage platform, but uploading GPS positions
contained in photos, it would be a good idea (already written in the
mailing-list I think).

Aurélien