Companion app released on Play Store

Pablo Wolter pwolter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 13:37:53 PST 2013

I was getting the same error:

An error has occurred. Please check your settings"

That is why I ask if some basic setup was required. It did store some "test" dives while I went out to the bank and grab lunch …

I tried "Download from web service … " … put my used id and apply, it says download success but no dives where added.

Pablo.

On Mar 1, 2013, at 1:31 PM, Aurélien PRALONG <aurelien.pralong at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK.
>
> Let's see each issue separately.
>
> > The error message is not useful.
>
> Indeed. For now, I send a generic error. I have to synchronize with Pierre to list all possible errors sent by the server.
>
> > I just installed a brand new copy. Never had any version before. [...] "an error has occurred. Please check......."
>
> Confirmed. If no dive has been uploaded, it shows an error (parse problem : no node "dives" is created when list is empty). I'll fix it, but it should not affect other features. Just send a dive, and refresh should then work.
>
> > I've been a little bit confused what Retrieve Account means different from Create Account
>
> Well, "retrieve Account" allows to send an email from an existing account. Does someone else want to change the text ? Suggestions accepted.
>
> > Is it possible/planed to add photos as well?
>
> Uploading photos, probably not, as I don't think Dirk would like to see it server transformed into a storage platform, but uploading GPS positions contained in photos, it would be a good idea (already written in the mailing-list I think).
>
> Aurélien

Saludos,

Pablo Wolter
pwolter at gmail.com