Companion app released on Play Store

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 1 15:58:10 PST 2013

Pablo Wolter <pwolter at gmail.com> writes:

> I was getting the same error:
>
> An error has occurred. Please check your settings"
>
> That is why I ask if some basic setup was required. It did store some "test" dives while I went out to the bank and grab lunch …
>
> I tried "Download from web service … " … put my used id and apply, it says download success but no dives where added.

Sorry - this "work" thing keeps getting in the way...

No, it does NOT add dives. It adds GPS locations to existing dives.
That's why I said in my instructions to create dives that 'roughly' fit
the times when you collected positions.

(as a side note the first implementation did in fact create dives and
used the dive merging to then match that with dives downloaded from your
dive computer - but that had all kinds of unintended side effects so we
went with this algorithm instead.