Companion app released on Play Store

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Mar 1 16:01:14 PST 2013

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:
>>> Is it possible/planed to add photos as well?
>> Uploading photos to my server? Why?
>
> Because its free?
> No, I was hoping to be able to take some photos with my shiny smartphone
> and get them associated with the dive. Alternative would be in
> subsurface to scan all pics in a specified folder for EXIF data pointing
> out the same date, time and - if available also - GPS data. I'd agree to
> postpone this after 3.0.2...

People seem to love this whole multi-media thing and I don't get it, but
sure, this is certainly something we can target for 3.1.

One caveat - people are bad at setting the time in their dive
computer. People are even worse setting the time in their cameras.
So I expect some usability issues here.

> But back to the website: Is there a reason the OSM map is sooo limited
> in size? Havin a fullscreen / popup available might be an option as well.

Sorry, we have so many maps by now - which map exactly are you talking
about?

>>> Will try todo some more testing, actually the next real wet dive is not
>>> that far away...
>> Lucky you.
>
> Water is below 5C now even at surface, diving longer than 90min is
> really manful. This is the time of the year where I always think about
> to buy a heating or do diving holidays...

Lovely. Sounds like fun. Water around here is about 6-8C at the surface
and warms up to 10-11C at depth :-)