Companion app released on Play Store

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 07:19:19 PST 2013

On 1 March 2013 21:09, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> - account creation / setup
> - stand outside your house and pretend you are diving :-) and record a
>   location

i can pretend i'm dumpster diving with my Nokia 1100? :D
crazy phone is 10 y/o and still works. <knocks on wood>.

> - start the background service before you go shopping or do something
>   else where you move around
> - create dives in Subsurface that match the sample data (so a dive that
>   starts a few minutes after the time when you stood outside your house
>   plus a few dives that allegedly happened during the time you were
>   moving around (so simulate the dive boat)
> - the download from webservice and make sure everything is recorded
>   correctly, the dive locations are added, etc.
>
> I will certainly do that and expect to find bugs on the Subsurface
> side. If a few more people could try and provide data points that would
> be great.
>
> And then next week we can announce the Android app (and release an
> update to Subsurface if necessary).
>
> Anyone interested / willing to help with this?
>
> Linus? Henrik? Amit? Lubomir? Jan? Anyone?

i guess i can borrow a nexus tablet or something, but i think it would
be much better for someone who will _actually_ use the companion app
in the near feature to submit test reports.
i think the procedure is not that complicated...

lubomir