Companion app released on Play Store

Sergey Starosek sergey.starosek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 08:53:34 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 11:46:02AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > I will certainly do that and expect to find bugs on the Subsurface
> > side. If a few more people could try and provide data points that would
> > be great.
> >
> > And then next week we can announce the Android app (and release an
> > update to Subsurface if necessary).
>
> Right now I'm just getting "An error has occurred. Please check your
> settings" even with zero dives.
>
> Is the server sick? Or did my User ID get changed? The error message
> is not useful.

I confirm that Play store version doesn't work on both of my devices:

- HTC Desire (CM 7.2.0.1, Android 2.3.7, rooted)
- Samsung GT-P3100 (Android 4.1.2)

On the other hand, I've build apk from git master and it works.
Trying to figure out what that error means.

Dirk, is there a separate mailing list for companion app?

Sergey