Thoughts about UI changes in 3.0.2

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 16:34:45 PST 2013

On 2 March 2013 23:37, Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at gmx.li> wrote:
> - I like that subsurface remembers frame sizes when changed very much, thx
> - the new dive edit dialog looks nice, but only in default size
> - i do not like the new dive edit dialog not (up)scaling when resizing
> the window, I've been able to have a really large Notes entry field
> before which is now only quite small

i had some difficulties with scaling the contents of a
GtkScrolledWindow based on dialog/parent resize.
what didn't make absolutely no sense to me is that you can capture a
dialog resize event, resize the contents of the scrolled widget to fit
that new dialog size, but then since you have overwritten a (void
returning handler) function, you cannot invalidate the window contents
at all so the dialog looks like a glitch (or at least on Windows OS).
so that sort of resize was something i admit i wasn't able to solve,
indeed.

if someone has any ideas, please go ahead.

lubomir