Subsurface maintaince in Debian [was Re: Bulding 3.0.1 Under Ubuntu 10.04 i386]

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Sun Mar 3 03:31:04 PST 2013

On 01/03/2013 00:13, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Robert Wolfe wrote:
>>
>> Um, forgot about me already, hmm? :)
>
> But, of course not.  Do you want to be Cc:ed?
>
>> And yes, libdivecomputer-3.0.1 in .DEB format
>
> That should probably be:
>
> 	subsurface-3.0.1 and
> 	libdivecomputer-0.3.0
>
> I presume.  Can you make the source packages available too to Dmitrijs?
> It's:
>
> 	subsurface_3.0.1-x.debian.tar.gz and
> 	libdivecomputer_0.3.0-x.debian.tar.gz
>
> or similar, I'm thinking about.
>
> Dmitrijs,
>
> Old debian source packages (subsurface-1.2-1 and libdivecomputer-0.1.0),
> could also be of some value.
>
> I'm really looking forward to see latest subsurface/libdivecomputer in
> debian, as soon as it can be done.  It'll most probably be unstable, but
> Dmitrijs, could you please try to make them as painless as possible
> portable to wheezy?
As a Debian Developer and as a professional diver, I am interested to
help on this.

I have been in touch with Khalid to help him on this and he replied:
"No problem for to co-maintaince

I'm sorry, but I've been very busy the last few months.
"

As Christian proposed, I am sure we can be move this package in the
sport team.

Cristian, if you want, we can work together to improve the package and
maintain new releases for Jessie.

FYI, I reported some bugs on these two packages:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=libdivecomputer
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=subsurface

Sylvestre