feature request: multi-valued buddies list

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Mar 3 07:11:39 PST 2013

On Mar 3, 2013, at 6:49 AM, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Hello.
>
> The current one-buddy model is very PADI-centric,

Spare me the insults, please. There is nothing whatsoever that is 'paid' centric about Subsurface.

> and it probably true for similar organisations such as SSI, but doesn't match CMAS practice of 2-6 people diving teams. I guess just making turning the single-valued 'buddy' into a multi-valued 'buddies' would be enough to fit both models.

I frequently dive with many buddies - just list them all under "buddy". From a UI perspective a solution that separately picks zero to n buddies (hey, there are solo divers, too) is just completely unusable.