Self-contained executable for any Linux x86_64 distribution

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 11:27:23 PST 2013

On 3 March 2013 21:19, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> Following seems to give me
>> german:
>> LANGUAGE=de ./subsurface
>>
>> Buttons and some titles come from the GUI language, though (still in
>> English for me).
>
> And that is precisely the reason why I don't want to select the language
> from within Subsurface. It's non-trivial to get the OS to show you everything
> in your language if that isn't the language the OS is running in. On some
> OSs it appears to be entirely impossible to do that.

strangely, i'm yet to see non-GTK / non-gettext() based software on
Windows that forces (in a way) the user to use the same language as
his locale.
my locale is in one language, yet all my software is in another.

the other day i've tried the Glade editor and i've noticed the same
issue there too, so i guess that's a small "limitation" of the tools
we are using.

lubomir