Self-contained executable for any Linux x86_64 distribution

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sun Mar 3 11:40:42 PST 2013

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> + D=subsurface
> + mkdir -p -m 777 /tmp/applink
> + chmod o+t /tmp/applink

Didn't try your "self-contained" package, as I'm skeptical to that sort of
thing.  But, Lutz, please try to avoid that sort of thing.  It's the
classical:

	http://www.google.com/search?q=insecure+temporary+file

If you _must_ create a temporary directory, do it under $HOME, and
absolutely not under /tmp.

Don't `chmod' anything to permitions 0777 (that's another OSs business).
0700 is better.  And /tmp is already supposed to have the sticky bit set:

	Access: (1777/drwxrwxrwt)

Alternatively, look into `man 1 mkdir'.

Cheers,

--