3.0.1 crashes on Mac OS

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Mar 3 15:02:23 PST 2013

On March 3, 2013 2:21:58 PM "Lubomir I. Ivanov" <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 March 2013 22:18, Krzysztof Arentowicz <karent.bug at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Lets start with some good news:
> >
> > Yesterday I posted an announcement about Subsurface on biggest Polish
> > scuba forum:
> > http://forum-nuras.com/viewtopic.php?t=32002
> >
> > so hopefully there is/will be a significant increase in downloads from
> > Poland. Doing my best to spread the word :)

I actually noticed a massive spike of accesses from Poland and got
curious and tracked them back to your post ;-)

> hello, and thank you very much for the effort.
> also the crash log is appreciated.

Very much so.

> > I'm starting to receive feedback / feature requests and in two weeks,
> > when I get back from my diving trip to Dahab (taadaa! I just had to
> > boast a bit) I will collect it all and share with you.

Excellent. That's really helpful. But also point people to
trac.hohndel.org - we take bugs in English and German there ;-)

> "nie podano" is 10 characters, excluding the null terminating character.
>
> i've sent a patch which may solve the issue, if that's the case:
> hopefully someone on a mac will test this out.

Arg. We need to go through the code and catch the other fixed size buffers...

Thanks for the analysis, Lubomir!