Choosing map providers problem

Robert C. Helling helling at lmu.de
Mon Mar 4 02:19:45 PST 2013

Hi,

I just realized you can now change map providers in the preferences
dialog. Great.

(Did I mention before that I miss a keyboard shortcut to open preferences
on Debian flavoured Linux? On the Mac, the usual Windmill-, works).

But it seems this only semi-works. For some map sources (I remember google
satellite view) only the text appears but the images don't. And after some
playing (which is why I cannot remember) when I change the value and press
'OK', subsurface thinks about a second but then closes the preferences
dialog without an effect, I still have the google maps map and that is
also selected when I reopen preferences.

Restarting subsurface seems to help. But still, I get an empty map with
google satellite and only the lineart with google hybrid, anything with
Yahoo only gives me the OSM map.

Maybe we should restrict the options to stuff that works?

Best
Robert

                       Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
     stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de