3.0.2

Sergey Starosek sergey.starosek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:55:48 PST 2013

Lubomir,

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 07:43:22PM +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> you can try this (i've just pushed an update):
> https://github.com/neolit123/subsurface_win32
>
> download _dependecies.zip and _debug.zip and put them in the same
> 'subsurface" folder.
> start subsurface.exe

Thanks, downloaded it and unpacked to empty folder (btw, pthreadGC2.dll
is missing from dependencies, copied it from Subsurface installation),
managed to capture stdout, see below.

> btw, what do you mean by:
> > 2. Enter plan 10m 10'
>
> for one planner row, i enter 10m for "depth" and is 10' for the "average time"?
> does the "used gas" value matter?

used gas is empty, i.e. air. I didn't try with other mixes.

> if you can't reproduce the bug with this build, then perhaps it's
> something "slightly" weirder.

Behavior is a bit different on this build. Now I observe UTF truncation
at the beginning of notes, DC and cylinder strings/elements. See attached
XML which has been saved immediately after entering one segment 10m 10'
(sorry for russian).

Console reports:

C:\Documents and Settings\star\Application Data\Subsurface\star.xml:6: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
  <notes>ТКАЗ ОТ ОТВЕТСТВЕННОСТИ / ВНИМАНИЕ: В П
         ^
Ошибка разбора 'C:\Documents and Settings\star\Application Data\Subsurface\star.xml'.

Which means

<notes>DISCLAMER... was truncated at the beginning
       ^
Error parsing 'C:\....

Sergey