just seen the "Update README, ReleaseNotes and Makefile for 3.0.2" commit

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Mon Mar 4 11:23:29 PST 2013

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> writes:
>
> > Dirk,
> >
> > Do you do that automated or manually?
>
> Completely manually... well, with the help of a checklist and git grep

That should be possible to automate, I think, somehow.  At least up to a
point.  A warning (after tagging, or after changing the topdir Makefile)
saying that versions don't match and offering to patch, or something?
A script in ./scripts doing that for you?

Didn't give it too much thought, though.  But, if doable, that'd save you
some work, wouldn't it?  Topdir Makefile VERSION_STRING, git tag check
should be possible.  The topdir Makefile `doc' target, could (or not?) be
adjusted in some smart way.

Ideas, folks?

Cheers,

--