Localize numbers?

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Mar 6 05:35:01 PST 2013

On 03/05/2013 08:57 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> We parse numbers with a decimal point.

Are you sure that all places where strings are parsed into form floating
point numbers are definitely not making use of any locale settings?

I'm just asking because the multitude of mechanisms that seem to
be involved with localization may kick in in unexpected places, see e.g.:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Parsing-of-Floats.html
> Function: double strtod (const char *restrict string, char **restrict tailptr)
> A floating point number in decimal or hexadecimal format. The decimal format is:
> A nonempty sequence of digits optionally containing a decimal-point character—normally ‘.’, but it depends on the locale (see General Numeric).

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg