Non-libdivecomputer events

Robert C. Helling helling at lmu.de
Thu Mar 7 00:17:11 PST 2013

Jef,

I was thinking about making subsurface aware of pictures taken during the
dive (basically by matching EXIF timestamps to the time during the dive).
My idea was to do this by adding extra events to a dive that indicate the
time at which a picture was taken and for example the path to the image.

This opens the question of how to add events that do not come from
libdivecomputer.  Of course I could just make up a high number as event
type and hope we will never get a conflict but maybe you could set aside
some events in you include/libdivecomputer/parser.h as reserved (or maybe
even SAMPLE_EVENT_IMAGE) even when libdivecomputer does not use them.

Screen shots of of MacDive show image integration in that programm and
IIRC they also use libdivecomputer. Maybe they are doing something
similar?

Best
Robert

                       Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
     stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de