.DEB Builds on Ubuntu 10.04

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Thu Mar 7 00:28:45 PST 2013

On 07.03.2013 03:41, Robert Wolfe wrote:
> Ok.  Just a quick update for those that are brave testers on the list :)  I have placed a .DEB of the latest (as of this email) binaries built from git source code for subversion (3.0.2).  If anyone wants to try this one out, the file can be downloaded from my webserver at
>
> http://fpsoft.net/subsurface/Debian/i386/
>
> And yes, I've tested this out on my Debian box as well and the upgrade DOES work.

Did not follow the .deb discussion lately but just recognized there
seems to be an official build for subsurface available in Ubuntu now:

# aptitude show subsurface
Package: subsurface
State: not installed
Version: 3.0.2-1~exp1
Section: universe/utils
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>
Architecture: amd64
Uncompressed Size: 1.746 k
Depends: gconf-service, libc6 (>= 2.14), libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4),
libdivecomputer0 (>= 0.3.0), libgconf-2-4 (>= 2.31.1),
libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>=
         2.22.0), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.24.0),
libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0), libsoup2.4-1 (>= 2.4.0), libxml2 (>= 2.7.4),
         libxslt1.1 (>= 1.1.25)
Conflicts: subsurface
 Subsurface is able to track single- and multi-tank dives using air,
Nitrox or TriMix. It also allows logging of weights and exposure
 protection used, dive masters and dive buddies and enables the user to
rate dives and provide additional dive notes.

 With Subsurface the user can track dive locations including GPS
coordinates (which can also conveniently be entered using a map interface).
 Subsurface calculates a wide variety of statistics of the user's diving
and calculates and tracks information like the user's SAC rate,
 partial pressures of O2, N2 and He, calculated deco information, and
many more.
Homepage: http://subsurface.hohndel.org

However, there seems to be no libdivecomputer but libdivecomputer0 which
is triggered by installing subsurface. For someone interested in just
libdivecomputer this might tricky to find!?

//Jan