problems downloading from predator in ubuntu 12.10

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Thu Mar 7 07:18:37 PST 2013

On 07.03.2013 13:39, Jef Driesen wrote:
> On 2013-03-07 13:29, Diego Mainou wrote:
>> Followed the manual  to pair the computer with no joy.
>>
>> Tried with the original blue tooth dongle and another two with no joy.
>>
>> I get: Slip RX: unexp. SLIP END
>>
>> Also have tried with the wifi  off. Haven't tried other drivers as I
>> wouldn't even know where to find them.
>
> I already received another report with a similar error, but I haven't
> found the problem yet.

Yeah this is common issue and is also seen in Windows some times. And
I've also seen this when trying JDiveLog on the same box where
ldc/subsurface worked fine, so the issue might be indeed on the software
side.

Diego, just to make sure:
- when using the Original bluetooth dongle you used hci1 (instead of hci0)?
- you tried repairing (meaning delete the "old" pairing completely?)

For the drivers: This surely depends on your hardware. For several
devices like on my MacBookPro there are proprietary closed source
drivers available and free open source ones as well. Maybe you can tell
us a little bit more about your hardware used.

And lets hope Jef is able to find out something more detailed after you
provide a dump.

//Jan