new file formats for import

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 7 20:16:30 PST 2013

On Mar 7, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:
>> I wonder how much pain we want to incur here...
>> Rainer supports import from the access DB on divelogs.de (which is free
>> to use). And then exports to beautiful DLD files that we can import.
>>
>> Given that this is an odd, vendor specific file format I think I'm
>> tempted to simply document the detour via divelogs.de for people who
>> want to bring in their old data.
>>
>> What do people think?
>
> I was wondering about the same thing myself. Looks like the only
> meaningful information we would be missing in this scenario is the DC
> model and serial.

Rainer, is this something that you might be interested in maintaining as well?

I like the idea of pointing people to divelogs.de as a way to convert files.
Maybe we could come up with an API that would allow even tighter integration of
Subsurface and divelogs.de? Basically a way to simply synchronize the data that
is maintained locally and in "the cloud" (i.e., divelogs.de)? Diveboard.com offers
something like that.

Just wondering…