new file formats for import

Rainer Mohr mail at klemmkeil.de
Fri Mar 8 10:09:28 PST 2013

Am 08.03.2013 16:37, schrieb Dirk Hohndel:

> Exactly. We had a number of requests in the past to integrate with
> an online service - this allows us to focus on the standalone app
> and the reasonable XML formats that we can import directly (and
> some less reasonable ones like SDM4), but then takes advantage
> of the work that Rainer has already done for some of the other
> formats.
> And it gives Rainer (and divelogs.de) integration with another
> standalone app. So both sides benefit.

Sounds good to me :-)
Wish I could help with developing the integration, but my C knowledge is
somewhere you wouldn't want me to go...

If you do find a way to deal with Access files, let me know and I'll
post detailed information on the data structures inside the different
formats including the SELECT statments you'll need and what goes where.
mdbtools didn't work for me a few years back - no idea how far they've
gotten.

Rainer