problems downloading from predator in ubuntu 12.10

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Sat Mar 9 05:20:17 PST 2013

On 08.03.2013 03:49, Diego Mainou wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Didn't try to hci1 it but simply removed the old pairing and paired it
> again from scratch with the original bundle rather than the on-board
> adapter.

Diego, using hci0 after pluging in the orginal dongle means you are
still using the built in one. Try something like 'sudo hciconfig -a' and
you should see a hci0 (built in) and a hci1 (Shearwater dongle). Try
pairing and binding to hci1, to make sure you should "shut down" hci by
something like 'sudo hciconfig hci0 down'.

Can you provide the output from 'lspci -vv' as well? This may help in
identifying what inbuilt BT device you have.

//Jan