feature request: multi-valued buddies list

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Mar 9 07:47:07 PST 2013

On Mar 9, 2013 5:28 AM, "Guillaume Rousse" <guillomovitch at gmail.com> wrote:
.

> Just to clarify: you actually create a pseudo-buddy foreach possible
combination, just to keep current UI simple ?

No. Just list your buddies with commas in between, our whatever. So you can
write "Dirk, Linus and some guy whose name I didn't catch". Done.

Have you even tried it? It's simple. No pseudo-buddies, no games, no
complexity. Just list your buddies. Write them out.

The list of people you dive with often will auto-complete, others you'll
just write out. Why would you want anything more complicated? That would
just be bothersome and inconvenient.

Your buddies can look any way you want. People you know well might be just
the first name. New people you meet on a dive trip and will never met again
you can write the name and more for if you want to.

More structure would nee just silly and limiting.

         Linus