divelogs.de upload

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Mar 10 09:26:56 PDT 2013

Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Here is some code to start the implementation of integration with
> divelogs.de. This creates .DLD file to be uploaded using the provided
> API. I have tested uploading the produced file manually and it seems
> to work fine. The API can be reached from
> http://www.divelogs.de/dl_api.html if you want to take a look into it.
> Does this look like a sensible route to take?

Yes, I was hoping that you would help with this. It seems obvious that
we want to use a similar transformation back to the DLD format.

> There currently isn't any real user interface (just a menu item on the
> right click menu of divelist, the name of produced file is printed to
> stderr). If we have volunteers willing to do implement the upload,
> just go ahead (but inform the list first). The URL for the upload is
> http://divelogs.de/DivelogsDirectImport.php and required parameters
> are:
> - user - username
> - pass - password
> - userfile - the .DLD file produced by this patch
>
> Note that the upload is done using HTTP POST, no SSL.

No SSL, Rainer? Oh well.

That reminds me that we need to talk about SSL support for the companion
app as well.

Anyway, this is a great start - Lubomir, you are the usual suspect for
completing these UI / integration things. Is this something you'd like
to work on?