divelogs.de upload

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Sun Mar 10 12:15:33 PDT 2013

> No SSL, Rainer? Oh well.

Well, depends... I can't afford an officially signed cerificate (verisign, globalsign or whatever) as I'd need a wildcard certificate and that costs around 600 Euros per year. A bit much for a site, that doesn't bring in a penny (on the contrary).

I can however generate a self signed certificate and read myself into how to pimp Apache to use it for SSL. No idea how subsurface would react to a non-trusted certificate though (Browsers hate them and nag you to import them before using the site). Must admit, that I've not really dug into this whole certificate thing yet. But if it's wanted, I'll be pleased to do it. In that case, any wisdom on this subject is highly appreciated.

Rainer