problems downloading from predator in ubuntu 12.10

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Wed Mar 13 13:12:40 PDT 2013

On 13.03.2013 15:02, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Diego Mainou <Diego.Mainou at alumni.uts.edu.au> writes:
>
>> Hi Jef,
>>
>> Sorry it took me some time. I just don't have as much free time as I'd like:
>>
>> This is the output with the internal dongle
> That looks like you are talking to the wrong port or something in the
> pairing didn't work.
>
> libdivecomputer initializes the connection and tells the Predator that
> it wants to download data and the Predator doesn't respond at all.

Diego, should we try to set up a chat/online/hangout session to have a
closer look to your issue? To me it looks like it is worth to try
pairing again and/or using the original Shearwater adapter.
No guarantee, but who knows.

Please try again:
- remove all pairing
- hciconfig hci0 up
- pair again (try manually using bluez-simple-agent instead of the
Ubuntu GUI)
- bind rfcomm0 again
- try downloading using the ldc binary manually before using subsurface
(./predator /dev/rfcomm0), please also try using sudo to make sure there
is no permission issue

Do it again using the Shearwater dongle using hci1 (hciconfig hci0 down;
hciconfig hci1 up).

No luck? Please post (send by PM) the output of 'lspci -vvv', which
lists your bluetooth hardware and the kernel driver used.

//Jan