divelogs.de upload

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Mar 14 08:52:58 PDT 2013

Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I added a simple UI to enter user/passwd for the export to divelogs.de.
>>> Passwd is handled (and stored) in clear text. Some people might object
>>> to that...
>>>
>>> But this at least works and should allow people to experiment.
>>>
>>> We still need the download (but that should be quite straight forward at
>>> this point). I think both Import and Export need a menu entry... and I'd
>>> create a new Main Menu Item named "Web" next to "Log"...
>>>
>>> Miika - it seems to me that not all data is converted correctly. One
>>> thing that stood out to me is that the end pressure for my tank appears
>>> to be missing...
>>
>> I'll take a look at it this evening. If anyone else has noticed
>> something missing or broken, now is a time to shout out specifics.
>
> The pressure seems to be somewhat problematic. When one uses multiple
> cylinders, what to upload to divelogs?

First tank. Beginning and end.

> Also my log files do not have any pressure data on cylinder tag, only
> on the samples. So the current implementation grabs the pressure info
> from first and last sample. Should I prefer pressure info from
> cylinder tag when present? (This is actually how I implemented it
> already, before noticing that the multiple cylinder case is still
> haunting me.)

It's more complicated than that. You want to prefer what you get from
the samples, but because we only store data that is "relevant" if two
samples have the same pressure then the pressure isn't stored in the
second one. So you want to check "is there pressure data in the samples"
and then take the last value that is there in the series. Only if there
is no pressure data in the samples do you want to use what's in the
cylinder tag