Gases in divelist

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Mar 17 10:59:12 PDT 2013

"Robert C. Helling" <robert at euve10195.vserver.de> writes:

> Am 17.03.2013 um 18:26 schrieb Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org>:
>
>> And of course there are the computers like the OSTC that always give you
>> all defined gases and aren't air integrated. What do do for that? Show
>> all? Show only those that have a gas change event?
>
> What about the following hack: a cylinder is ignored if it has a start and an end pressure and they agree?  Or if the start pressure is set explicitly to 0? This would allow to delist it explicitly.

See, that's a HACK and I don't like that.

Let me ask you this - why would someone have a cylinder in a dive and
then not want it seen? Is that because you had it with you as backup and
then didn't use it, so you want it in the equipment tab but not in the
summary in the divelist?

I'd be more inclined to go with "only list cylinders that we switch to
during a dive" - far less hacky, but that of course requires the UI to
manually enter gas changes. On my infinite to do list :-(
Any volunteers? It's not that hard - we already track clicks in the
profile - just add code to detect a right click, open a little menu and
then allow people to add a gas change event - simply only allow them to
switch to one of the existing tanks... the way the profile window is
done the x coordinate always allows you to get the correct time, even in
zoom modes... so this should really be straight forward... anyone?