Invalid dives

Ďoďo dodo.sk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 00:41:13 PDT 2013

Dirk,

you are right in terms of multi-valued dive type. But I would not mix a
dive type (ice, shore, boat, training) with the dives which should be
ignored/hidden. All of them can be internally represented with let's say
one integer (32-bit, is it enough? 1 bit for one type, they can be of
course combined, 31 types of dives 1 bit for invalid/hidden ;))

Dive type from my point of view is something, one should be able to set
withing "Edit dive" dialog. Invalid dive should be possible to tag without
going in to "Edit dive" and it should be doable for multiple dives. After 1
click they simple disappear from the dive list as they do now. Yes, one can
tag several dives as ice dives as well but I think invalid/hidden dive and
dive types should not be mixed.

BTW, name "invalid dive" was just a first shot, it can be called "hidden
dive" or whatever ....

O.K. So I will modify for me the code to use just one bit for the invalid
withing 32bit a send the correct version of 'git diff'. It is my first
usage of git so sorry for the previous reverse version

Jozef