Gases in divelist

Robert C. Helling helling at lmu.de
Mon Mar 18 07:37:35 PDT 2013

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> "Robert C. Helling" <helling at atdotde.de> writes:

> And of course there are the computers like the OSTC that always give you
> all defined gases and aren't air integrated. What do do for that? Show
> all? Show only those that have a gas change event?
>
> As I said - complicated.

Agreed. But as there is now the possibility to add the gaschanges
manually, I thought that would be the time to use these events to decide
this question. Of course, we could make this configurable ("Show all
gases/Show gases used").

As I said earlier, the problem arose in particular from a OSTC user: Since
he had set a trimix gas is his computer, suddenly all his dives appeared
as trimix in the dive list. I have a hard time considering this the
correct behaviour.

IIRC the OSTC differentiates between gases listed and gases used. We could
as well define a gas as used if at least one of the following holds:

1) Index is 0.
2) There is a gaschange to this gas.
3) The dive computer marks this gas as used (I don't know if
libdivecomputer reports this).

What do you think.

Robert

                       Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
     stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de