Gases in divelist

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 18 08:11:55 PDT 2013

Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:
>>> Here is a patch that adds bookmark events (and lets you choose the value
>>> which I don't think we use at all except than in the tooltip). I don't
>>> know how useful this is, but I had never created a widget before and
>>> wanted to do this.
>>
>> Since we don't do a thing with the value (and I don't think there's a
>> single divecomputer backend that actually sets the value) I'm not sure
>> that entering it is all that useful. But even if it is, make it a
>> straight text field, not a spin button, please.
>>
>> Ok, a quick git grep through libdivecomputer (Linus - I LOVE git grep...
>> that must be one of the best undervalued features in git) shows that
>> only three backends support this (OSTC, Suunto Vyper and Suunto D9) and
>> none of them set a value.
>>
>> Can you please remove the value printout from the tooltip and the entry
>> from your widget? Have the widget instead confirm the time (like I do in
>> the gas change one) and offer ok/cancel to set a bookmark at that time.
>
> Suunto DM4 import sets the value when in case a bookmark has it.
> Supposed to be the heading...

The bookmark comes with a heading?

I need to look at the Suunto manuals... Linux, you have a couple of
those - do they store the heading you were pointing when setting a
bookmark? I guess that could make sense.

We should fix libdivecomputer to report that, though. And then I guess
Robert's initial design is not wrong - I still want a text entry for the
value, though.