Gases in divelist

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Mar 18 08:22:09 PDT 2013

Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> The bookmark comes with a heading?
>
> Not for me it doesn't. A "bookmark" is without a heading, there's a
> separate notion of a heading (which is the same as a bookmark but
> *does* have a heading).

So my guess is that DM4 combines them into the same.
libdivecomputer uses SAMPLE_EVENT_HEADING instead.

Sadly, once DM4 has combined the two things into one we can't tell them
apart anymore (is this a HEADING of 0 or a BOOKMARK without a heading?).

Not sure what to do here. My gut feeling would be to say "whatever" and
just drop the value for bookmarks. What do people think?